Saturday, August 31, 2013

Fried Pasta with Egg

     My family's traditional way to eat left over pasta is to eat it straight out of the container, cold, all while standing with the fridge door open. It tastes better for some reason. As a child, I remember spending the night at my Aunts house and sneaking downstairs in the middle of the night with my cousin to eat pasta left over from dinner.
     Luckily I have evolved into somewhat of an adult, and no longer eat pasta in the middle of the night. Now I wait until breakfast. The great thing about this recipe is that you can make it anytime. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, even if you're craving a pasta snack (it is a real thing). It couldn't be more simple or delicious!

Tools You'll Need
Frying pan
Spatula
Ingredients

1 Teaspoon olive oil
Leftover pasta
1 Egg
Handful of percorino romano

1. Place olive oil in pan and heat over medium heat.
2. Add pasta- a cup or two, depending on your hunger level.
3. Once pasta is warm, make a space in the middle of the pan. Crack egg into it. I recommend leaving the yolk a bit runny, but you can cook it to your liking.
4. Transfer pasta, then egg into plate and top with percorino romano.
5. Devour!!!
Additional tidbit- try adding spinach or arugula to mixture!

No comments:

Post a Comment